The USB-MB5 is a USB to serial (TTL) converter which is simple, cost
effective, very small and easy to use. It uses a mini-B type USB
connector to connect to your PC and is based on the CP2102 Bridge from
Silicon Labs. It provides the user with multi baud rate serial data and
access to flow control signals in a convenient 10 pin 0.1” pitch
The USB-MB5 makes an easy USB-Serial interface, so you can easily
create USB to RS-232 converters. In any application, make sure the TX
and RX lines from the USB are crossed over to the attached peripheral.
That is, the TX from the μUSB connects to the RX of the target and the
RX from the μUSB connects to the TX of the target device.
Please note: The TX and RX signal levels are between 0.0 Volts and 3.3 Volts.
- USB 2.0 compliant 12Mbps maximum speed
- Hardware or Xon/Xoff handshaking supported; 300bps to 1Mbps
- UART supports 5-8 bit data, 1-2 Stop bits, odd/even and no parity
- Integrated EEPROM for Vendor ID, product ID, serial number, release number
- On-chip 3.3V regulator available
- Virtual COM port drivers allow operation with existing COM port PC applications
- Supports Windows, MAC (OSX-9 and above) and Linux (2.4 kernel and above)
- Self powered or USB powered
- Traffic/Operation LED indicates board status