Connector Model: 6QFNJX
Indoor compression F connector
Accepts RG-6 Quad coax cables
Center conductor range: All
Dielectric diameter range: .175” - .183”
Outer jacket diameter range: .275” - .305”
Recommended cable prep/stripping tools: 45-605 PrepPRO™
Recommended compression tools: 30-793 OmniSeal™ PRO XL; 33-632 Linear X®3
Connector color: Black
The NJX™ (“injects”) compression connector offers a high performing, reliable, and economical solution designed for applications that do not require weatherproof connectivity. NJX™ is also great for installers looking to upgrade from traditional hex crimp or twist-on coax F termination methods.
Available in F-Type interfaces for RG-6 and RG-6 Quad cables, the NJX™ connectors are an indoor cable specific alternate to the OmniConn™ series of products. NJX™ connectors require the same 1/4” x 1/4” cable preparation and compression termination as all other IDEAL compression connectors. Color coded, injection molded bodies make these connectors lighter, more compact, and more cost effective for installers.
Unlike traditional compression connectors that get shorter when compressed, the NJX™ series connectors have a post-forward design, which during compression, is “injected” into the body of the connector. Although these connectors are shorter, they still utilize the same compression settings and stroke length as all IDEAL F-compression connectors. Once compressed, the cable is secured creating a permanent 360° compression ring on the cable.
NJX™ connectors are designed for applications from 5MHz to 3GHz including CATV and satellite. For outdoor/weatherproof or universal cable compression products, the RTQ™ series of compression products are recommended.
To use the connector:
1) Prepare RG-6 Quad coax with a ¼” x ¼” strip. Remove the outer foil layer and fold back both layers of braiding.
2) Slide the connector on to the cable until the white dielectric is flush with the bottom of the nut.
3) Place connector in IDEAL compression tool with standard F compression length setting and terminate.
4) During termination, the post is pushed back into the connector body. The connector will not get shorter like traditional connectors. A compression tool with a post that of at least 3/8” length that will fit inside the nut is required (all IDEAL compression tools will do this).
5) Attach connector to device.
Designed for use in indoor cable and satellite TV installations
360° cable retention
Industry standard ¼” x ¼” cable preparation
Return loss: >30dB up to 3 GHz
Plastic and nickel plated brass bodies
Designed for 75Ω coaxial cables
Frequency range: 0 MHz to 3 GHz
>40 pounds cable retention on all models
7/16” nut diameter with 3/8-32 thread