The Peak Atlas IT Network Cable Analyzer is smarter, much smarter. The Atlas IT has always been a fabulous tool for identifying and analysing Cat5/5e/6 (RJ45) based network cables, sockets and patch panels. Now this instrument features new intelligent software that can identify cable configurations even if there are faults in the cabling. It will even tell you the differences that it has detected between your faulty cable and the intended cable configuration.
Warning - instrument is only suitable for RJ45 plugs
This instrument is only suitable for RJ45 plugs. This is confirmed on the front panel of your instrument. Under no circumstances must any other type of connector be used, even if it seems to fit.
- automatic identification of cable configuration: straight-through patch (4-, 6- and 8-way types), crossover (several types), token ring, Cisco twisted, Ethernet economisers and many more
- identification of many fault types including broken wires, shorted wires and swapped wires
- display of standard wiring colors
- compatible with optional identified terminators, great for multiple cable runs
- protected against voltages present on live voice and data systems
- supplied with 2 miniature terminators, ideal for tight spaces
- clear and user-friendly scrollable display
- spare battery and user guide (with Ethernet chart) supplied