Virtual reality on your iOS® or Android® smartphone!
We want everyone to experience virtual reality in a simple, fun, and inexpensive way. That's the goal of this Cardboard project.
Virtual reality has made exciting progress over the past several years. However, developing for VR still requires expensive, specialized hardware. Thinking about how to make VR accessible to more people, a group of VR enthusiasts at Google experimented with using a smartphone to drive VR experiences.
The result is Cardboard, a no-frills enclosure that transforms your smartphone into a basic VR headset, and the accompanying open software toolkit that makes writing VR software as simple as building a web or mobile app.
By making it easy and inexpensive to experiment with VR, we hope to encourage developers to build the next generation of immersive digital experiences and make them available to everyone.
- build your VR viewer: virtual reality on your smartphone
- head strap for stable image
- more info and Android® app download: https://cardboard.withgoogle.com/
- Google Cardboard
- lenses: Durovis OpenDive Lens Kit
- magnets: one neodymium ring magnet and one ceramic disk magnet
approximate sizes: Ø 19 mm (0.75"), thickness 3 mm (0.12")
- head strap
- phone compatibility:
- Android®: special Cardboard app, compatible with Android® 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher
- iOS®: Google Cardboard works with iPhone®, provided you have the right stereoscopic app
- max. body size: 7.5 x ca. 15 cm - 2.95 x ca. 5.73 inch